29 December 2011

Canape Party, Jannette Finn

I catered for many BBQ's last summer and have great memories from Rob and Kate Buschelle's function near Andover. I was initially contacted by Kate's Mother, Jannette enquiring about my BBQ menus, so I was really happy to be contacted by her again to be asked to cater for a Christmas drinks party, also celebrating her Wedding anniversary.

I forwarded Jannette a choice of canapes that I felt would suit her occasion and she chose a great selection for her Christmas party. I Arrived shortly before the guests so I could  set up and things went smoothly, with the everyone enjoying the drinks and food throughout. Jannette used to be a caterer herself, so it must have been a strange feeling having me cater for her in her own home. However, Jannette seemed quite relaxed and was a great help, seeming more than happy to hand out the canapes when they were ready. I made everything from fresh ingredients on the day and I received great feedback from many guests so I was really pleased with the evening. Jannette and her husband Frank were fantastic hosts and I wish them a very happy anniversary for December 30th.


Menu

Caramelised figs, Parma ham, honey and cinnamon dressing,

Crispy duck spring rolls, sweet chili dip,

Game pate, red onion and port chutney, Granary toast,

Crispy Tempura prawns, lime and mango mayonnaise,

Bruschetta, mozzarella, blush tomato, black olive and fresh basil,

Avocado. mozzarella and fresh basil on puff pastry.










"Thank you so much Gary for making our drinks party special - everything produced was delectable I particulary loved the bruschetta - tempura prawns and caramelised figs and Frank loved the game pate - but everything was delicious, well presented and very well received by my guests. Many of the thank you letters I have received mention how interesting it was for them to witness you creating the canapes! It was wonderful for me to take the evening off from cooking and I felt competely confident in you, your food and presentation - thank you again and all good wishes for 2012" Janette and Frank Finn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Gary for making our drinks party special - everything produced was delectable I particulary loved the bruschetta - tempura prawns and caramelised figs and Frank loved the game pate - but everything was delicious, well presented and very well received by my guests. Many of the thank you letters I have received mention how interesting it was for them to witness you creating the canapes! It was wonderful for me to take the evening off from cooking and I felt competely confident in you, your food and presentation - thank you again and all good wishes for 2012 Janette and Frank Finn

    ReplyDelete