22 February 2012

Pan roasted pheasant breast, wild mushrooms, Parma ham

Saute potatoes, buttered green beans, spiced butternut squash, sesame roast parsnips, redcurrant gravy.



I recently butchered some pheasants for a friend who wasn't sure how to prepare them. As a thank you, I was offered some to take some home and I received them with pleasure, thinking about a good recipe to use on the way home. The breasts were beautifully lean and I decided to roll them with some garlic, wild mushrooms and Parma ham to keep them moist. Wrapping them in cling film, I gently poached them in simmering water, before removing and colouring in a hot pan  to caramelise the outside and add extra flavour and texture. They were absolutely delicious, remaining very tender, going exceptionally well with the sweetened  gravy, potatoes and vegetables.



No comments:

Post a Comment