11 July 2011

Pan fried Cod fillet,

Rolled in olive oil and seasoned oats.
Roasted new potatoes, chorizo, red peppers, wild garlic, broccoli and saute green beans.


I picked up some line caught cod fillet on Sunday and thought that it would make a great tasty treat for Dinner on Monday evening. I hadn't planned on how I was going to prepare it and I cooked it up with some left overs that I had in the fridge from the weekend. Most of the time I like to plan the weeks menu ahead but I also love to just come home and see what we have in the fridge. I don't like to waste anything and have come quite adapt at making some great dishes from what may not seem that much to start with but turn out into something quite amazing. I portioned the cod into large chunks before rolling it in olive oil and oats before pan frying and this is definitely one of those dishes that I will cook again. I didn't need a sauce as the oat crust kept the cod beautifully moist and there were natural juices from the chorizo and peppers.



Ingredients: (Feeds 2)
300 grams cod fillet.
Two tablespoons olive oil
Two to four tablespoons oats
1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs,
Salt and pepper.

150 grams cooked new potatoes,
1 whole red pepper, quartered,
1 red onion, quartered,
4 garlic cloves,
50 grams chorizo sausage, thickly sliced,
100 grams cooked carrot, thickly sliced,

100 grams green beans
100 grams broccoli

1 lemon, cut into two.

Method:
1) Put the potatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper, chorizo and garlic in the oven with a little olive oil and seasoning and roast at 220 Celsius for twenty to thirty minutes.
2) Coat the cod in the olive oil before rolling in the seasoned oats and herbs.
3) Put a pan of hot water on for the broccoli and green beans.
4) In a preheated pan, add a little oil before carefully putting in the cod.
5) Cook for about 4 minutes on a low heat until the cod releases itself from the pan.
6) Turn the cod over and repeat, squeezing the lemon juice over just before serving.
7) Put the green vegetables on to boil for a few minutes whilst plating up the potatoes and finishing off the cod.
8) Enjoy. ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment