24 March 2011

SESAME FISH FINGERS

Served with egg fried rice, saute spinach and garlic, wasabi and soy.

I love cooking with fish and often try new ideas out at home for my wife and I. I make an extra effort to use sustainably sourced fish and for this dish I used pangasius which is a farmed catfish from Asia. Also known as river cobbler or white catfish, it is of a good texture but fairly bland in flavour. However, this makes it great to take on other stronger flavours.Cutting them into the nations favourite "fish finger" shape, I coated them in sesame seeds and pan fried them for a few minutes on each side. I did some fragrant egg fried rice which I boiled first with some cinnamon, star anise, cloves and green cardamom pods, then finished in a pan with free range duck eggs. I saute some spinach too with a little black pepper and nutmeg. I had a good helping of good quality naturally brewed light soy sauce and wasabi on the side which was a delight to dip the fish in. I added a little red chilli to mine as I love a little kick with my food and also like to utilise the chilli pepper for all its natural health benefits.


Pangasius fish fingers in sesame with wasabi.
See Health benifits from Chillis at TheChilliKing.com

ChefGary@Home
ChefGary

No comments:

Post a Comment