I made a great pizza the other night at home, making everything from fresh, including the dough.
Ham, mushroom, red peppers, roasted garlic, tomato, red jalapenos, spring onion, basil and cheese.
|The raw ingredients|
|Ready for the oven|
|15 minutes in the oven|
|Jalapenos on the side|
Recipe for pizza dough with no yeast.
500 grams self raising flour,
100 to 150ml milk,
4 tablespoons olive oil,
Pinch of salt.
1) Put the flour into a large bowl with the salt and push against the sides to create a hole in the middle.
2) Add the olive oil and slowly add the milk whilst mixing.
3) Keep adding the milk until a soft dough is formed.
4) Carry on kneading the dough for about five minutes and then rest for a further ten.
5) Roll out the dough to your desired shape before adding your choice of filling.
1) Milk makes a lighter dough than water.
2) Don't add all the milk at once as it sometimes takes less moisture to form the dough.
3) Your dough should be very light, silky and smooth in texture.
4) Keep it covered while resting to prevent it drying out.
Recipe for quick pizza sauce:
3 large tomatoes,
2 cloves garlic,
1/2 red chilli,
1 handful fresh basil,
Splash of olive oil,
Salt and pepper to taste.
1) Roughly chop all the ingredients and place in the oven at 220 Celsius for twenty minutes,
2) Take out and blend to a smooth paste, sieve if you like a smoother sauce.
3) Ready to use.
1) Adding the basil just before blending will give a more intense flavour,
2) If your sauce is a little wet then add a teaspoon of tomato puree,