4 November 2010

PRIVATE DINNER PARTY, Hen Party Dinner

Venue: Converted barn in Hampshire
Clients and menu: Hen party, sit down meal for ten.

Menu

Starter
Tian of mozzarella and avocado
Tian of crayfish tails and king prawns,  
Tomato and avocado salsa, balsamic dressed cherry tomatoes.
or
Tian of mozzarella, avocado and cherry tomatoes,
Dressed with fresh basil and olive oil.


Main-Course

Rump of British lamb, roasted with rosemary, garlic, and thyme.                                
Served on truffle mash, with honey roasted chantenay carrots and tender stem broccoli florets,
Red wine and rosemary gravy and fresh mint sauce.
or
Mediterranean roasted vegetables and cous cous, wrapped and baked in filo pastry. 
Served with sun blushed tomato sauce.


Dessert
Duo of bailey's and toffee cheesecake and vanilla creme brulee with crushed caramel topping.
Fresh raspberries in balsamic syrup reduction and vanilla tuille biscuit.

Bailey's and toffee cheese cake

I turned up at the destination with all the ingredients late afternoon and met the ten Hens who had hired the converted barn for the weekend. I was made to feel very welcome and started unpacking my gear. I was made a lovely cup of tea and was shown where I would be cooking. A great open plan kitchen, with the lounge and eating area all in view. Nowhere to hide I thought as I had discussed the menu only the day before and was perhaps a little nervous about cooking in front of all the girls who were expecting some great food.
I got my head down and started on the desserts so that they could go in the fridge and would be set in time. I worked through my preparation and began to relax as I went along. A glass of wine probably helped and held some conversation with the hens. They were in the lounge, planning their murder mystery evening which would be the theme to my dinner.
By 8:00p.m, we were ready to go and hens sat at the table. The evening went through quite quickly and it was fun to have the girls chatting and and playing at murder mystery while I was cooking along. I had some great feed back on the food which really made my evening and I really wish the best for the upcoming Wedding celebration.
It was a shame to end the evening but my job was done. All the best to the hens that I met that evening.

Chef Gary.



2 comments:

  1. The menu look yummy Chef, a job well done by the sound of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the 'Hen' of the Hen Party that Gary came to cook for. It was a complete and fabulous surprise that my bridesmaids had organised for us. Gary was fantastic! He came and got straight into preparing our food with absolutely no fuss, which I am imagine is not easy when it's not a familiar kitchen. The food was absolutely amazing and Gary put in so much effort and passion into his menu, helping to make our night really special. Thank you Gary, you made it a Hen Weekend to remember. Joanna

    ReplyDelete